I made many friends where I used to work (retired last year) who I’ve kept in contact with, mainly through lunches and dinners. One of those friends is getting married and moving to Arizona soon….I’m soooo happy for her….she deserves a lot of happiness….she is one of those persons who is always smiling and is such a diligent worker….I will miss her terribly.
The Goodbye circle and the messages are digital images from The Cutting Cafe…
Love this little MFT Pure Innocence girl…with her sweet Teddy….her dress and bow are paper-pieced with a new SU DSP called Gingham Garden….and I decorated the top of the card with some Washi tape…main colors? Melon Mambo…Island Indigo…Daffodil Delight…
Here is the inside of the card…Oops, I signed it before I took the picture…Oh well!
Did you know that Margaret Moody creates the sketches for the Pals Paper Arts Sketch Challenges?….and she is also a designer on PPA and Merry Monday…Miss multi-talented! She doesn’t need a “plug”, but thought I’d throw one out there, anyway!
Here is a “heart-felt” card for this challenge….after all, the Day of Hearts is almost here! The Spring catalog has provided us with some beautiful DSP, not the least of which is the More Amore Specialty DSP that I used today. The two most prominent colors are Primrose Petals and Pool Party….and now we have Pool Party embossing powder (check the message in the close-up).
I cut out the hearts with Hearts Framelits….and just look at that cute little label with a tiny heart! The Petite Curly Label Punch matches up with two stamp sets…one in the Spring catalog and one in the Sale-A-Bration brochure!
And there’s MORE from the Spring catalog! The flowers are found in an Artisan Embellishment kit (along with other luscious goodies) and the larger heart was paper-pierced with a new Occasions Paper-Piercing Pack…
Have fun with this challenge!
Dynamic Duos #35 has prompted me to try out my new hexagon embossing folder as a background to the two challenge colors: Certainly Celery and So Saffron (plus neutrals)….
I embossed the Very Vanilla CS background with the hexagon folder and then embossed and cut out the Certainly Celery and So Saffron hexagons from DSP….The daisy flower was cut from a die (did I say how much I love dies?) and centered with a Certainly Celery button and pearl….
Flourishes are from MFT and the bitty message with punch to match…Petite Curly Label punch and Pretty Petites stamp set are from the Sale-A-Bration brochure….FREE….after you order from the new Spring Catalog!
This is the first Pals Paper Arts Challenge of this year!
As you can see from the Color logo and the PPA button to the right…the design has been updated….Isn’t it beautiful? It’s so Mary Fish…..fresh, clean, simple and classic! When I saw that Melon Mambo was included with the two neutral colors, I thought of a flower placed in their midst.
I crimped and crushed the Melon Mambo DSP into a “smooshy” flower after die-cutting it with one of the Floral Frames Framelits and placed a gray button in the middle….then I heat embossed a message with Melon Mambo embossing powder… the two layers below the flower were die-cut with the Window Frames Framelits. The message is from Made For You…
We’re off and running into the New Year with card challenges everywhere and lots of paper fun! Come and join in today!
Two Challenges today! My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge #104 and the Technique Lovers Challenge #409 on SplitcoastStampers…. The TLC Challenge was to use spraying somewhere on your card and the MFT Sketch is here:
I sprayed the Baja Breeze layer with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch and also with an Island Indigo marker, using the Color Spritzer tool….after embossing the edges with the Delicate designs folder.
Image: Penny Black…Flourish: MFT…DSP: Twitterpated
Can you see the glimmer in the Baja Breeze layer? Just click on the picture to enlarge…
Ooooh! Pretty Fall colors, huh? These colors deserve a Fall card, don’t they? This card is for the most recent Paper Players Challenge…
click to enlarge
When I first saw the Wonderfall stamp and die set…I thought …..mmmm, how to use? Well, I’m happy to report that I’ve made several cards so far with this set and I’m pleased as punch!
This is the first card I’ve used sewing on in a very long time…..I have one of the old mini-Janome sewing machines that EVERYBODY bought years ago so they could sew on their cards…I did have to scurry around a bit to look for the cord and the foot pedal…I had to ask myself why I didn’t keep all the parts together in the first place!
- Stamps: Wonderfall, Teeny Tiny Wishes
- Ink: More Mustard, Bravo Burgundy
- Paper: Old Olive Polka Dot Parade DSP, Bravo Burgundy CS, Whisper White CS, More Mustard CS
- Tools: Autumn Accents Bigz die, 2 1/2″ Circle Punch, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Stamping Sponges, Word Window punch, Sewing machine
- Accents: Brights Designer Buttons, Linen Thread
Time for the next Pals Paper Arts Challenge…..PPA146….we’ll miss you if you don’t participate! This challenge is all about Color!
I used a new “technique” for this card called a floating image. I die-cut through the top layer and the cover and added a window sheet so that you can see through to the message inside…then added punched images to the top of the wondow sheet so they appear to be “floating” over the message.
click to enlarge
Can you see the color in the rhinestones? I brushed them with a Riding Hood Red Stampin’ Write marker!
I attached the window to the back of the front cover with Sticky Strip tape and also used the same tape for the butterflies.
Here is the message from the inside….
- Stamps: Word Play, Tiny Tags
- Ink: Crumb Cake. Riding Hood Red
- Paper: Crumb Cake CS, Very Vanilla CS, Riding Hood Red CS, Window Sheets
- Tools: Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Labels Collection Framelits dies, Big Shot, Elegant Butterfly Punch, Riding Hood Red Stampin’ Write Marker, Sticky Strip
- Accents: Rhinestone Basic Jewels
my store is always open for you! right here…..
Here is the sketch for Mojo Monday 264:
I’m usually disappointed in the translation of color from the actual card to how the colors present in the picture….in this particular picture, the dahlias are almost the same color as the ribbon…but not in the picture! Oh, Well! The dahlias actually look coral..ish next to the ribbon, don’t they?
click to enlarge
Here is a closer view:
I love the sayings in the Trust God stamp set….so many different ways and reasons to use them!
Here is a Fall card 4 You with lots of embossing on the “falling” leaves (and nuts). The Naturals Composition DSP has some “built-in” embossing that makes it easy to use for extra pizzazz!
I am featuring some of the SU promotions after the card…so don’t leave too hurriedly!…..Stampin’ Up! is at it again with some great offers!
Click to enlarge
I really love the imprinted designs on the leaves and nuts ….I just think it adds some fun to this set… and did you notice the sanded Core’dinations paper?
- Stamps: Wonderfall, Tiny Tags
- Ink: Versamark, Early Espresso
- Paper: Natural Composition Specialty DSP, Gumball Green Core’dinations CS, Cherry Cobbler CS, Very Vanilla CS, Tangerine Tango CS
- Tools: Stampin’ Sanding System with Dust Buddy, Chevron Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Fun Flowers Bigz L die, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, 1/2″ Circle Punch, Jewelry Tag Punch, Stamping Sponges, Heat Tool, Paper Snips
- Accents: Embossing powders ( Tangerine Tango, Early Espresso, Gumball Green, and Cherry Cobbler), Cherry Cobbler Baker’s Twine, In Color Dahlias
Wait!! The following promotions are for YOU!
You could create some very special Christmas cards with this free paper-piercing pack! Read about it here!
Three stamp sets have been divided to make single stamps…you pick out ONLY the ones you really like!
Stampin’ Up! is trying out something brand new with the stamp sets:
Word Play….Perfectly Penned….Seasonal Sayings
- Clear Mount Only
- Come in Cello Bags (to store, you can buy Clear-Mount Stamp Cases that come in packs of four…item #119105).
- Available through January 2, 2013
Here is where you can check this out and even purchase if you want….
NEXT are the latest CLEARANCE RACK bargains….over 70 items have recently been added! Click here for the Clearance Rack and SAVE AWAY!
God Bless….see you soon …and…
Here is the card I CASE’d from Lynn Put’s gorgeous gallery on Splitcoast Stampers for the Featured Stamper Challenge. This challenge is a great chance to copy a beautiful card from another stamper and it really boosts stamping skills! And here is my card….I really enjoy using this stamp set knowing that Stampin’ Up! donates money to the Ronald McDonald Charities for every stamp set that is puchased….
click to enlarge
I covered the spokes of the tricycle with Crystal Effects…reason?….just wanted to add something! And I used the Naturals buttons because they look so “natural” with the Soft Suede and Very Vanilla….
- Stamps: Moving Forward
- Ink: Cajun Craze, Summer Starfruit, Gumball Green
- Paper: Comfort Cafe DSP, Soft Suede CS, Very Vanilla CS, Cajun Craze CS
- Tools: Crystal Effects Lacquer, Stampin’ Write Markers. Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Floral Frames Framelits, Petite Pennants Builder Punch, 1 3/4″ Circle Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Tombow Glue
- Accents: Soft Suede 3/8″ Taffeta Ribbon, Naturals Designer Buttons, Linen Thread
See you in a week! I’m on my way to visit my week old grandson in Colorado!
Here is the latest sketch for Mojo Monday…..#261……there is a little contest associated with this week’s sketch, so be sure you check out the site….here!
I fell in love with this stamp set the moment I first saw it, knowing it might not be very popular…I just could not resist…..I have been a cross stitcher for years…..many of you will not be able to relate to my stitching hobby, but some of you might feel the love! Right now I’m working on a cross stitch picture for a new grandson…I’ll post a picture of it after it is framed….
click to enlarge
I love the needle…it looks just as though it is pierced through the image!
On this particular card the ribbon is on the first layer and was not folded under….so I applied a small amount of Crystal Effects to both ends to seal the threads that tend to ravel.
- Stamps: Hoop La La
- Ink: Raspberry Ripple, More Mustard, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo
- Paper: Orchard Harvest DSP, Very Vanilla CS, Island Indigo CS
- Tools: Paper Snips, Paper-Piercing Tool, 3″ Circle Originals die, Big Shot, Stampin’ Write Markers, 1 3/4″ Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8″ Square Punch
- Accents: More Mustard Scallop Dots Ribbon
I love the Curly Cute stamp set messages…..they’re so Cute! I don’t know why I waited so long to get this set!
I also have a new favorite card shape…4″ x 5 1/2″…and stand it on end so the 4″ is at the top…I’ve been stuck in a rut with the A2 cards! I feel like a new person! And it’s only a matter of a quarter of an inch…..Go figure! Am I just easy to please?
click to enlarge
And what about the squares? Don’t they make a nice background? The next photo shows the pretty raised/embossed images on the Naturals DSP….and it comes that way!
- Stamps: Curly Cute
- Ink: Early Espresso
- Paper: Natural Composition Specialty, Very Vanilla CS, Early Espresso CS, Subtles and Neutrals DSP Stacks
- Tools: 1 3/8″ Square Punch, Blossom Punch, Fun Flowers Bigz L die, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack
- Accents: Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons, Subtles Designer Buttons, Linen Thread
While these colors are probably geared toward Halloween….I decided to make a flurry of butterflies (kind of like a gaggle of geese), so if there are too many butterflies for you….remember it is a Flurry!
click to enlarge
So here are three different color families of butterflies, obviously going somewhere…where do butterflies go when summer is almost over?
Speaking of Halloween….just a reminder that you now have until September 16 to buy the $99 Starter Kit and receive the adorable Howl-o-ween kit plus the Toxic Treats stamp set FREE…..Here is more info for you!
- Stamps: Papillon Potpourri (wood…123757; clear…123759), Kindness Matters (wood…122900; clear…1229092), Summer Silhouettes (wood…126445; clear…126447), Teeny Tiny Wishes (wood…115370; clear…127802)
- Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Pumpkin Pie, Lucky Limeade
- Paper: International Bazaar (126920), Summer Smooches (125409), Polka Dot Parade (126902), Whisper White CS
- Tools: Elegant Butterfly Punch (127526), Beautiful Wings Embosslits (118138), Bitty Banners Framelits (129267), Big Shot (113439), Stamping Sponges, Glue Dots, Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Accents: Pearl Basic Jewels (119247), Large Pearl Basic Jewels (125577)
Remember this stamp set and the legal conflict that Stampin’ Up! faced when it was released? Fortunately, Stampin’ Up! got the “go-ahead” that they could contine selling this set, but it seemed to be “touch and go” for awhile! Imagine someone thinking an inspirational saying from World War II could be financially exploited almost 70 years after its inception!
I’m not using the famous saying on my card today, but it’s good to know I can if I want to!
click to enlarge
Yes, I know this looks like a rather strange card, but I just could not get an accurate photo!! It is actually softly pretty! I sponged the colors in each section and stamped the cupcakes in the same color…then placed Dazzling Diamonds over the frostings…all this after the message was heat embossed….making this an Emboss Resist technique!
- Stamps: Carry On (wood…126645; clear…126647)
- Ink: Calypso Coral (126983), Lucky Limeade (126984), Pool Party (126982), Wisteria Wonder (126985), Versamark (102283)
- Paper: Whisper White CS (1007300)
- Tools: Stamping Sponges (101610), Clear Stampin’ Emboss Powder (109130), Heat Tool (129053)
- Accents: Dazzling Diamonds (102023)
Here is the Carry On Stamp Set:
Here is my Stampin’ Store!
One of the Friday Challenges (this site has daily challenges) on SplitCoastStampers is Free For All (F4A)…today the challenge is to make a card with COLOR…Easy Peasy!
Summer Smooches was a natural choice with two of the colors from the Brights Collection: Tempting Turquoise and Daffodil Delight…
click to enlarge
The main image is heat embossed…giving it a bit more POP! Such a variety of color choices with this DSP!
In the next picture…the heat embossing is a little more obvious!
- Stamps: Mixed Bunch (wood…125535; clear…125537), Fabulous Phrases (wood…117002; clear…120501)
- Ink: Tempting Turquoise (126952), Daffodil Delight (126944), Versamark (102283)
- Paper: Summer Smooches DSP (125409), Whisper White CS (100730)
- Tools: Blossom Punch (125603), Labels Collections Framelits (125598), Bitty Banners Framelits (129267), Embossing Buddy (103083), Heat Tool (129053), Big Shot (113439)
- Accents: Daffodil Delight 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon (119254), Tempting Turquoise Stampin’ Emboss Powder (122950)
Hope you have a colorful day! And if you want to add a LOT of color to your life…Come Join With Me!
Stamping Makes Me Smile! Susan ♥