Spring is here and the lovely, bright Daffodil represents all that Spring is meant to bring….the coming brilliance of the sun and the delight of new growth….
On my Facebook page, I promised you I would use Stampin’ Up!‘s color, Daffodil Delight, on a card to celebrate the flower of the month for March: the Daffodil… and here it is:
I used Daffodil Delight and Old Olive DSP along with Old Olive, Whisper White and Night of Navy CS. After embossing one of the flowers from the stamp set, Array of Sunshine (perfect name for this project!) with White embossing powder from Stampin’ Up!’s collection….I punched it out with the larger Scallop circle punch and framed it on the 2 & 1/2 Circle punch. I dry embossed the Night of Navy bottom layer with the Perfect Polka Dots folder, wrapped it in a Daffodil Delight Taffeta ribbon and finished it off with Modern Label and a message from Apothecary Art (Occasions Mini).
I cut back the card front with the scalloped Adorning Accents Edgelits die (Occasions Mini)
and then placed tiny pearls
on the scallops.
BTW, another variance for this card is to seal the bottom of the card front up to the lower scallop to the inside layer of the card and make it a Pocket Card! I may even go back and modify this card!
Be sure to click on the card to get a better view of the details….and have a bright, sunny day! I would love it if you would leave me a comment!
Spring has sprung and it’s time for Pals Blog Hop! Today the Stampin’ Pretty Pals are sharing some fabulous Spring themed cards and projects that we think you’ll enjoy! You’ve probably hopped over from from Linda Fisher’s Blog…… I’m stop number 14 on the Pals Hop and I’m glad you hopped in! I’ll help you “hop along” from blog to blog where you’ll find great ideas for spring themed paper projects from the Stampin’ Pretty Pals! Should you hop off course, simply click on any of the links in the Pals Hop Line-up below and you’ll be back on track….
By the way, the DSP and cute flag embellishment on this month’s blog badge are from the Piece of Cake CD from the Sale-A-Bration Catalog (Item 127222).
Here is my contribution to this Spring celebration!
Butterflies and flowers perfectly represent the arrival of Spring!
Stamps: Butterfly Prints and Pocket Silhouettes Ink: Island Indigo, Wild Wasabi, and Daffodil Delight Paper: Beyond the Garden DSP, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, and Wild Wasabi CS and Vellum Tools: Punches: Blossom, Scallop Trim Border, Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer. Butterfly and Modern Label; Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder Accessories: Buttons from the Subtles, Brights and Neutrals collections; In Colors brad; Hemp Twine; Daffodil Delight brad, and Ruffled ribbon (Island Indigo) and 1/8″ Taffeta (Daffodil Delight).
And here is the card with a matching envie that I made with the new Simply Scored Diagonal Plate:
Now hop along for more inspiring ideas from Mikki Sarkisyan, number 15 on the Spring Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for “hopping” by!
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
- Kim Luithle at Kim’s Stampin Stuff
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Kim Czenszak at Live Love Stamp
- Sue Bendinsky at My Color Creations
- Julie Trevett-Smith at The Stampin’ Affair!
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Marian Kay at All Aboard the Crafting Train
- Nina Dee at Deesigns by Nina Dee
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jennifer Takacs at My Stampin’ Blog
- Beth Beard at My Little Craft Blog
- Linda Fisher at Linda’s Stampin Loft
- Susan Lankford at Stamp and Scrap with Susan
- Mikki Sarkisyan at Mikki’s Creative Corner
- Maggie Mata at MaggieMadeCards
- Leslie Davis at Ellalicious Elements
- Leah O’Brien at Leah’s Stampin’ Corner
- Maxine Conrad at Stamp to the MAX!
- Emily Steggell at Stamping With Emily
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin’ Space
- Nicole Watt at Impressions By Nicole
- Angie Blake at Angie’s Musings